Wednesday 30 April 2014

Review of FRIEND-ZONED by Belle Aurora

(Blurb from Goodreads.com)


Nikolai Leokov never thought he'd fall in love with the only girl he's ever befriended. 


Valentina Tomic has issues with commitment after the ultimate betrayal. 


When Tina decides to make broody Nik's day better, she never thought she would end up friends with the hard man. 


Nik has never had a woman be so affectionate to him without expecting something in return. 


Nik and Tina cordially invite you to read Friend-zoned. 


A story of friendship, humour and love.



The way I read it ~


Where do I even begin.......

Paul Rudd

Friend-zoned is a story about a girl. A girl who is intrigued by a boy. The boy doesn't kiss, doesn't do relationships and doesn't do long term. The girl has a tortured past, full of hurt and disappointments. The boy is all macho and full of 'dimpled charm'. The girl decides to friend-zone the boy. 

All cool right? WRONG! 

Boy and girl soon realize that they're attracted to each other and then begins the "I want you but I'm not sure if I can love you because we are friend-zoned and that means we can't be more than friends so we should just hang out and have lunch every other day until our hormones overload and we kiss and realize the friend zone is full of crap" tango. 

They dance, they twirl, I get bored. 

I had such high hopes for this one....



The romance of it was sweet. There were some touching moments thrown in for measure and lots of baking. The steamy parts were steamy, the happy parts were happy, the annoying parts were definitely annoying. 

abhorred the misuse of words. Sometimes it's forgivable, but this time...there shouldn't be confused with they're!



Yes, exactly!

I could go on but it all left me with a migraine....



I am utterly disappointed...

Disappointment

Made it such a task to take it all seriously. The characterization of the main characters confused me. I couldn't connect. The plot started off with a little intrigue, then it got a little interesting but then I got more and more annoyed. What was up with all the corny phrases anyway? 

Crudsickles!
By the beard of Zeus!
Heaven to glory
Craptastic!
Jiminy Crickets!


???



I could go on, but...




....moving on.



RATED BITTER: 2 out of 5 Sugar cubes



Reviewed by Leelo

No comments:

Post a Comment