Wednesday 3 September 2014

Review of ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins

(Blurb from Goodreads.com)


Can Anna find love in the City of Light?
Anna is happy in Atlanta. She has a loyal best friend and a crush on her coworker at the movie theater, who is just starting to return her affection. So she's less than thrilled when her father decides to send her to a boarding school in Paris for her senior year. But despite not speaking a word of French, Anna meets some cool new people, including the handsome Étienne St. Clair, who quickly becomes her best friend. Unfortunately, he's taken —and Anna might be, too. Will a year of romantic near misses end with the French kiss she's waiting for?








The way I read it ~


This was a delightful read.

I enjoyed learning about Parisian life.I felt like I'd gone there myself. The descriptions captivated my imagination and served to only add to the overall experience. What I truly loved was the tender love story. I sort of felt it budding from the very beginning and basically just waited for the characters to catch up. It felt drawn out at some points, like the author was pushing them together in tiny increments and Anna and St Clair (Étienne, a name too sexy for this review)  just wouldn't have it and therefore there was much confusion, lack of proper communication and misread feelings and intentions. I was really exhausting! But I loved it. 

Stephanie Perkins' style of writing was clean and the way she wrote from Anna's point of view was witty, sarcastic and fun. I adored St Clair ( but he got on my nerves. I can forgive him though, because he truly is a keeper with a heart of gold (and a cute British accent) Anna was absolutely right. What girl doesn't love a cute British accent?

Was there comedy in there? The 'Toph/Bridge band scene' was hilarious to me. And Anna's reactions had me giggling every single time. 

I will definitely recommend to those looking for lighthearted, flirtatiously funny, endearingly romantic read. After all, it happens in Paris.



RATED SWEET: 4 out of 5 Sugar cubes




Reviewed by Leelo

No comments:

Post a Comment