Tuesday 25 March 2014

Review of THOUGHTLESS by S. C. Stephens

(Blurb from Goodreads.com)


For almost two years now, Kiera's boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she's ever wanted: loving, tender and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart.


Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source—a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he's purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything 
changes...and none of them will ever be the same.




The way I read it ~

This book baffled me. 

I didn't know whether to stop reading or to continue at times. You know there are some books that pull you under so deep that you dive in with the oxygen tank and they make you say "to hell with all else"? Well, this was not that book. I fought between hitting myself over the head with the oxygen tank and actually forgetting to bring it along in hopes I'd suffocate. I will add though that books that seem to rouse such feelings of distaste, angst, confusion and, yes at times boredom, have something going for them.

I will remain baffled and therefore move on.....
RATED BITTER: 2 out of 5 Sugar cubes

Reviewed by Leelo

No comments:

Post a Comment